WBAALAS is the Washington branch of the American Association of Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS) which is dedicated to promoting responsible laboratory animal care. Our membership includes people and institutions statewide that are professionally concerned with the production, care, welfare and study of laboratory animals. We promote fellowship and cooperation among people interested in the mission and philosophy of AALAS and provide a forum for these professionals to meet and discuss the important issues they regularly encounter and recognize leaders in humane animal research methods.
By providing education and support for members of the Washington State research community, our organization strives to create a better quality of life for essential laboratory animals.
- Allen Institute for Brain Science
- Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason
- Bloodworks Northwest
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Infectious Disease Research Institute
- Northwest Association for Biomedical Research
- Novo Nordisk, Inc.
- Seattle BioMed
- Seattle Genetics, Inc.
- ZymoGenetics, a Bristol-Meyers Squibb Company