WBAALAS is the Washington branch of the American Association of Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS) which is dedicated to promoting responsible laboratory animal care. Our membership includes people and institutions statewide that are professionally concerned with the production, care, welfare and study of laboratory animals. We promote fellowship and cooperation among people interested in the mission and philosophy of AALAS and provide a forum for these professionals to meet and discuss the important issues they regularly encounter and recognize leaders in humane animal research methods.
By providing education and support for members of the Washington State research community, our organization strives to create a better quality of life for essential laboratory animals.
- Allen Institute for Brain Science
- Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason
- Bloodworks Northwest
- Center for Infectious Disease Research
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Infectious Disease Research Institute
- Northwest Association for Biomedical Research
- Novo Nordisk, Inc.
- Seattle Genetics, Inc.
- ZymoGenetics, a Bristol-Meyers Squibb Company
02/24/2016 - Next Board Meeting
The next board meeting will be on Wednesday, February 24th at 4 pm in Seattle. If you would like to attend please contact email@example.com to RSVP and receive location information. The board encourages members to attend and participate in these meetings.
2016 WBAALAS Election Results
Congratulations to the new 2016 WBAALAS officers! Thank you for volunteering to be involved on the WBAALAS Board.
- President-Elect: Jennifer K.
- Treasurer: Amanda K.
- Technician Branch Representative: Marsha L.
- Board Member, Position 1: Sarah W.
- Board Member, Position 2: Kari K.
To all the nominees and members, WBAALAS has many other opportunities to be involved. Please consider an appointed position or volunteering for one of the many committees available.
- Program Committee
- Newsletter Committee
- Awards Committee
- Membership Committee
- Management Information Systems Committee (Website)
A complete description of these committees are located on the WBAALAS website under the “Join” tab. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and details on attending our next board meeting.Newsletters